Saturday, July 2, 2016

Saturday Step x Step: Shabby Chic Home Decor

How to Create Shabby Chic Home Decor with Waste Corrugate Cardboard

Hello, Friends! It's Kathy here with today's Saturday Step x Step Tutorial. I've created an easy to follow Snapguide for this Shabby Chic Home Decor piece that I made for the All in the Family Challenge that 's going on right now at Frilly and Funkie.


This is a reprint of my mom and dad's wedding photo that is very dear to my heart.  You could easily substitute your own favorite family photo. 


This piece measures 6" x 8" and is made with corrugated cardboard packing material.  I had quite a few nice pieces left from our recent move, and couldn't bear to toss them out.  They make a great alterable surface.


I was able to pull this piece together on a lazy Saturday morning.  I love almost instant gratification, don't you?

Here's the Snapguide so you can follow along.


Check out How to Create Mixed Media Shabby Chic Home Decor by Kathy Clement on Snapguide.

I hope this inspires you to get your mixed media goodies off the shelf and have an inky good time. And don't forget to share your All in the Family project with us on the Frilly and Funkie Blog. We love it when you play along with us!  

You'll find links to the Funkie Junkie Boutique products I used below, and there is a complete supply list within the Snapguide tutorial.

Thanks for stopping by!  Now go get your craft on!

Cheerio,
kathy


Links to the Funkie Junkie Boutique



7 comments:

  1. This is so lovely and what a beautiful memento to have out on display with your lovely parent's wedding photo! Love the step by step guide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I loved watching this beauty come together Kathy. Your flourish background is stunning! Wonderful tutorial. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home decor piece is stunning, made all the more special by adding a photo of your parents. Loved the step by step too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is AMAZING Kathy! So unbelievably beautiful! Your treatment of the chippies is fantastic and the gorgeous texture you created is perfect, and blends so well with your elements! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You already know how much I love your piece, Kathy, and your tutorial is absolutely perfect!!! Thank you so much for such a clear, detailed step by step for your wonderful work of art. I can hardly wait to try some of your background, coloring, and distressing techniques!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so very much! This is my heart on paper...all the things I love, including my family. Your kind encouraging words make me smile. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing tutorial Kathy!!! Love how this has come together xx

    ReplyDelete