Thursday, August 28, 2014

Welcome to today's Guest Designer Pamellia!

Today we are so pleased to be joined by Pamellia of My Little Craft Things as our Guest Designer today. Pamellia was chosen by the DT as the winner of the Vintage Travel challenge. Let's hear from her and see her fabulous project...


Hello Everyone! I'm Pamellia and I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with my wonderful husband and our two little girls, Scully (a teacup Maltese) and Pebbles (a teacup black Pomeranian). Creativity runs in my family, so it's no surprise that I enjoy crafting. I have been dabbling in all sorts of crafts for most of my life, but I only recently discovered my true passion, card making. I enjoy cards and paper projects of all styles, but I think my favourite is shabby chic! I love the soft muted colours, the big shabby bows and the girly laces.


When the Frilly and Funkie team asked me to be a Guest Designer, I was just so honoured. When they gave me SUMMER GARDEN as the theme, I knew I had to do something extra special with some frill and some funk. So in honour of both the Frilly and the Funkie teams, here is my Summer Garden Flower Box.


Whenever possible, I try and make every aspect of my projects by hand. I prefer to make my own backgrounds and flowers, I dye my own ribbons, I even make some of my embellishments out of clay. I find such a sense of accomplishment in knowing that I made it myself. My flowers here were made with a poinsettia die and coloured with Tim Holtz Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade. The butterfly is made out of clay. I painted it bronze, covered it with Crackle Accents and then rubbed some Black Soot distress stain into the cracks.


I am just starting to learn the ins and outs of Tim Holtz, thanks to the Frilly and Funkie team. They, among others have really inspired me to learn some new techniques and styles, which I am slowly trying incorporate into my work. The base of my project was made out of a cereal box and inspired by the Tim Holtz style. Sure hope you enjoyed my project!

Thank you so much to the Frilly and Funkie team for inviting me to spend a day with them. If you would like to see more photos and lots more details, please visit my blog at My Little Craft Things.

I'm sure you'll all agree that Pamellia's project is beautiful and has provided lots more inspiration for the current challenge of 'A Summer Garden'. If you would like to be in with a chance to join us as Guest Designer too all you need to do is join in with the challenge!

12 comments:

  1. WOW!!! The box itself is absolutely gorgeous and then, to think you've made all of those incredibly life like little flowers too! I'm dumbstruck and thrilled to bits that you've joined us today. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cereal and what you did with the box is just fantabulous! How creative and something I want, no, need to try! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a wonderful creation! Pamellia is the most wonderful person as well as a skilled crafter and I am so happy for her to be features here! Hugs,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingrid has summed it up perfectly,Pamellia not only creates wonderful stuff but she is super sweet too and I am thrilled for her that she is featured on here :)

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful box!!! I love how dimensional it is and the fact that Pamellia has made so many of the components herself! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pamellia, this so shines like you do with all your creations... very sweet, (which is your creation style) and so very alive in all ways... love the fact that you use what you have... which we all should be doing more of... I love it all.. the flowers and butterfly are outstandingly stunning... as is the entire project... very happy that you have been here now as a Guest Designer... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamellia, your flower box is one of the most lovely creations I have ever seen. Your flowers are perfection. The base look like it is rubbed bronze, such an amazing transformation from a humble cereal box!! It is an absolute treasure!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Pamellia! We are so delighted to have you as our guest designer this time around. Your project is totally incredible. Such a beautiful piece! Thank you for sharing it with our visitors.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much everyone, for such a warm welcome and for all your wonderful comments both here and on my blog! It was a complete honour to be here and I'm so very grateful to everyone! crafty hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Pamellia, what a beautiful project, those flowers are stunning. A gorgeous interpretation of the theme
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning piece, so beautifully crafted! You sure are rockin with crafty talent Pamellia. Congrats on your gd piece here - you batted right outta da park! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous creation, so creative and clever;-))m

    ReplyDelete