Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday Focus - Tim Holtz Alterations Brick Wall and Cobblestone Strip Dies

Happy Friday Everyone!  Thanks for stopping by Frilly and Funkie for this week's Friday Focus.   Hey, say that three times really fast...Frilly and Funkie Friday Focus, Frilly and Funkie Friday Focus, Frilly and Funkie Friday Focus!  Sorry...couldn't resist!

Donna here to show you some tags using the Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Brick Wall and Cobblestone Decorative Strip dies.  Of course, since they are the subject of our Friday Focus that means that these two dies are available for an additional 15% off of the already discounted price at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!  You should snap them up now!



These dies may seem challenging to use but it's really easy to get great results with them.  They can be used as wall, a walkway or to create a brick or cobblestone finish on another die cut.  I created two versions of each die as shown below.  Depending on how you color them the possibilities are endless!


I'll be back on another day to give you the StepXStep on how I created each of these.  And at that time I'll share another project (or maybe two!) as well.  For today I have two tags to share with you!



On this tag I used a piece of the mossy brick wall.  The great thing about these dies is that the finished strip is long enough that you can use it on multiple tags or cards.  I plan to create more of them to have on hand for adding to my art!




On this tag I used the brown cobblestone strip.  My intention was for Umbrella Man to be standing in front of a wall but I realized, just now, that it looks like he's standing on the wall!  So it might look to some of you like he's standing on a cobblestone walkway!  I used multiple diecuts to create the outfit on Umbrella Man.  I recently saw this technique on Richele Christensen's blog here and wanted to try it...genius!

I hope that I've sparked some ideas for you with these tags.  As I mentioned, I'll be back with a StepXStep to share my technique for creating these strip dies as well as to share some additional projects.  So be prepared by ordering these strip dies now while they are being offered at an additional discount!

Thanks so much for joining us today! The following items that I used on my projects can be found at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! The boutique offers merchandise for up to a 20% discount from the typical retail price!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE what you have done here Donna, and I can't wait to see your step by step as they look so lifelike. Superb ideas for making multiple projects too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, you have made such great use of Tim's dies on both your beautiful creations. Love the brick wall especially, it looks so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for explaining these dies. I really wasn't sure how to use it so I've been using it as a stencil. I love the idea of the brick wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dimension you get with these dies, they make the brick and cobblestone look so realistic! Your tags are terrific - love the coat on the umbrella man! Excellent Friday Focus, Donna!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious projects, Donna! Sad to say I've just ordered these in the last few days, so can't take advantage of the offer... we plan to use them for dollshouse purposes!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful tags! I especially like the first one with the bird!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS!!! Love both of these Donna!!! If I could pin these now I would ! Love both dies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the different effects! You have made hem look so realistic! Great Friday focus! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there Donna, looking absolutely amazing it looks really for real...woww thanksss for the Friday Focus sweetie, hugs Terry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Friday Focus Donna ! The texture these dies create is fantastic ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete