Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Focus - VINTAJ Metals and Patinas

Greetings friends!  Please excuse the delay in getting our Friday Focus up today!  I have to admit I was so wrapped up in watching the Miami Heat win the NBA title last night that I completely forgot that today was Friday and that I needed to get my post done and also set the Friday Focus discount up at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

I was thrilled this week when my long back-ordered Vintaj embossing folders showed up in my Ranger shipment.  Now I have all you need to get started in embossing and applying patinas to metals, including all the patina sets, a number of lovely brass charms plus the glaze and reliefing block.  And as the Friday Focus product, they will be discounted another 15% over my already-low prices.

I'm taking the easy way out and NOT reinventing the wheel.  There are a couple of great videos out on using these products.  If you haven't already watched these, take a look.  Lots of fun stuff here.

Sizzix video on using the Sizzix embossing folders

Vintaj video on using the patinas and glaze

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoy the Vintaj videos.  Even if you don't want to purchase the products, I think can get a lot of fun ideas from watching them.  You can use alcohol inks in place of the patinas, but it is recommended that you use the Vintaj sealer over it because the alcohol ink will wear off.



3 comments:

  1. Love it, Linda! Love that you were late and the videos! Hey, I waited until Monday to start and finish my DT project for the next day! I so wanted to incorporate my Portland weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Great videos, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these videos Linda, I was going on a hunt myself to see what the Vintaj could do, and now it's at my fingertips ! Cool ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete