Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday StepXStep... Shabby Wall Hanging

Hello everyone! I hope your weekend is going well thus far! Today I have a shabby little wall hanging for you. I am focusing on Pion Design papers because you can get these beautiful papers at an outstanding price as well as an EXTRA 15% off right now in Linda's boutique, The Funkie Junkie. I'm telling you, they are beautiful papers!
I will say, I don't have a lot of "how to" photos because, this is a very simple piece to put together so I'm  just going to show you more detailed photos instead of showing you pictures of sewing machines, inking, etc. So, first we will cut out and ink our pieces from the Pion Design papers. Using the floral tag, cut a larger tag from the pink and white polka dot paper, it is about 1/2" larger all the way around. (The photo is missing one butterfly and two border strips... I added them after I snapped this photo :)
Next, cut a piece of fabric about 7 3/4 X 5 1/4"... I used a waffle textured fabric.
Machine stitch around the larger tag and photo image.  Adhere the floral tag to the larger pink and white polka dot tag, adhere the photo image in center of floral tag. Zig zag stitch at the top and bottom of the floral tag. Cut two strips from the border paper fitting the width of the fabric allowing the edges to overlap the fabric just a bit, adhere about 1 3/4" from the bottom of fabric. Adhere the tags in center of fabric.
Adhere a crocheted doily to the upper left corner as shown in photo. Adhere a canvas banner next to doily, attach a pearl bead to a safety pin and pin to the canvas banner, adhere flower with leaf to the top edge of canvas banner. Thread button and adhere in center of doily.
Die cut a doily from felt using the Sizzix Distressed Doily, adhere to the back side of fabric along the bottom edge, zig zag stitch across the bottom of fabric. Adhere a piece of vintage lace across the bottom of fabric as shown in photo. Adhere pop - dots to the back of paper banner and adhere across the bottom of photo image. If you have not done so, cut the "From my Heart" word strip into a banner, adhere pop - dots behind the "From my Heart" banner and adhere on top of large banner. Cut a small strip from Rusty Tin Wire Net and adhere to the bottom left corner of lace, adhere the two butterflies as shown in photo. Adhere "Mother" sticker in center of floral tag.
Attach a hanger or clip to the top... I found mind at my local flea market. You could use mini hangers or clips.
Enjoy your hanging!

Tammy

16 comments:

  1. Tammy, your wall hanging is simply stunning! I love all the detail and the stitching. Beautiful. Kind regards, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is sooo fabulous! Love it! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, as always. :o) I was wondering how to use my waffle fabric. What a delightful idea! Thank you for sharing & for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Adorable! I just love everything you make. Thank you so much for the tutorial. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, I LOVE your card. So frilly beautiful! The clip is super gorgeous :)).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous. I love your embellishment in the corner.

    I love the Pion papers - I'm still at the stroking stage though... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow this is just gorgeous,Hun,just love the embellishments,you have used,and those gorgeous papers,hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful, Tammy! Love the way you've layered it up... just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy, this is so beautiful. Love the use of the waffle fabric and those gorgeous Pion papers.
    Truly a wall hanging to treasure.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this wall hanging art is gorgeous!! Love the vintage look.

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so crazy gorgeous!!! A fantastic project to hang that screams look at me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh well just gorgeous. Lovely make. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tammy, this is stunning! Sorry I'm late to the party... I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete